Monday, November 28, 2011

Part 2

I can't believe how far behind I have fallen!  So, for the second part of my weekend update-for last weekend.  Sunday I was feeling somewhat better, but still not 100%.  I didn't want to do too much and take a chance of the migraine flaring again because we had big plans for the afternoon and evening. 
Mr. Wonderful was working so I took it easy and took a nice long, leisurly hot tub.  I know I spelled that wrong, but I don't really care right now-sorry.  I followed that up with a nap and when he got home I got dressed and we were off to D.C.   As an early birthday celebration, we were going to see Jersey Boys at the National Theatre and then to meet Tim and have dinner with him at 901.  It was a FABULOUS show!  Really great!  I used to just love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons and we listened to them all the time when we were kids, but the show told the story of the group.  It was more than just the music, although the music was just terrific.  The costuming, the dancing, everything!  I was just mesmerized. 
   
When the show was over, we took a cab ride the few blocks to 901 and met up with Tim.  It was still rather early, so we sat at the bar and had a drink until our table was ready and we just chatted and caught up for a while.  We just don't have an opportunity to see him nearly often enough, so it is so nice to be able to spend some time with him.  He is always full of some funny stories and anectdotes. 
Dinner was of course, to die for!  We were treated like royalty, which is always nice.  The chef brought us out an amuse bouche of duck that had been featured on the morning news the week before.  Having never had duck before, it was a real treat for me.  I had always heard that it was greasy, but this was anything but.  It was so flavorful and plain delicious!  Yum!  Tim and I shared an appetizer of muscles as I just couldn't resist an opportunity to indulge given the chance.  My entre was a beautifully prepared Filet Mingnon, while Mr. W had the pecan crusted Pork Tenderloin and the boy had something with shrimp and pasta I think.  All out of this world!  It was a great meal, wonderful company, a lovely location and a perfect day!

I'll be back soon to move on to other parts of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment