Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Craft Room Reveal!

I know that I have been promising to show pictures of my new craft room, but I've been a real slacker!  I was hoping to wait until it was all finished, but since that may never be the case now is as good a time as any.
So without further ado, Welcome to my Scrapatorium!
This is the view from the door.

Here is the closet, there is a lot going on there!  Those cubby things are from EK Success but I don't think they make them anymore.  The baskets on the shelf contain my ribbon, adhesives, and rub ons. 
The ones on the lower shelf have stamps and then an assortment of different things. 
That little white thing sitting on top of the cubbies I picked up at a store closing sale for like $4., I keep all of my small paper pads on it and it works out great.

This view is from the closet looking towards my desk.  You can see that the walls are a nice neutral sand color.  This is my 4th or 5th spot for my craft space in this house and I have had 2 pink rooms and one green room, another was spice colored, so I have done the whole color thing.  I wanted a neutral pallete on the walls with color coming in from the embellishments.
The room doubles as a second guest room, so I have the futon in there with me.  It opens up to a Full size bed and when we purchased it we bought a mattress for it instead of the cushion.  It is pretty comfortable!  It difficult to see but, it has two drawers underneath and I keep the sheets, pillows and a blanket in there-convenient.
Here is a closer look at the wall gallery above the futon.  I made the mats for the three pictures in the center row and also the one on the top center.
Below is a view of the wall opposite the futon. 
My embellishments cabinet with small ledges for my stamps next to it.
I really like having as much of my 'stuff' out so that I know what I have and will use it more often. 

The little display board is from Pier 1 and the punches are on towel rods from Ikea.
My computer and Silhouette station is right below this wall.
I have lots of Papertrey Ink stamps, and they came in CD cases and the storage unit for those is from The Container Store.  My dear friend gave them to me.
My Copics are in the white bins in the corner. 

All of the white bins were purchased at Michaels.  (On sale.)  Hubby bought a lot of them for me as birthday and Christmas gifts  I love them.

The mandatory Making Meroies carosel sits atop my desk.  The little penguin I made when I took Bella to 'I Made This', she insisted that I make something too.

The picture below is looking out from my desk.  I got the shelf at Kohl's when it was on sale, marked down pretty low.  Then went back and got the nightstand too!
My other embellishment cabinet.  One on each side of the windows.  All those pretty colors make me happy!
This is how I store bunches of stamps.  I got CD sleeves at Office Max and they are the perfect size.  The sleeves are made for binders, so I got pretty pink ones.  My smaller stamps (Studio G) are in a binder in trading card sleeves. 
I want to get an Expedit shelf for under the windows and then have a cushion made for the top of it.
So that's about it.  I hope that you have enjoyed  your guided tour of my Scrapatorium!

2 comments:

  1. Great space! I love the pier 1 shelf, I wish I had a paper rack like yours, I'll heave to keep a look out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great shed :) I have just started putting things in mine!! exciting times.. great blog!

    ReplyDelete