Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to School!

Tomorrow is Isabella's first day of school, she is going into the third grade!  I can hardly believe that she is that old already.  Time sure does pass us by quickly.  Bella is soo excited-like hopping up and down, can hardly contain herself happy.  I love to see that excitement about school.  Friday was her meet the teacher day and since I had her for the day, we werre to meet Michelle at the school, so I got to meet the teacher too. She seemed very nice and almost as excited about the new school year as Bella.  Another big deal is that Bella's classroom in on the second floor of the school. Big time.

Bella had asked me to help her make a gift for her teacher so on Friday we baked sugar cookies.


Apple shaped cookies.  Bella actually made the batter completely by herself and rolled out and cut the dough.  She loves to bake!

Some we baked with lollipop sticks in them for the project that we had in mind

Others Bella choose to add sprinkles to prior to baking.

And the rest, I iced. 

This is the final project.   A bouquet of cookies in a decorated flower pot.  I painted the bottem of the pot  with blackboard paint and the brim was painted red.  I added a measuring tape ribbon to the brim and Bella wrote a message to her teacher on the blackboard paint.  The only problem was that her hand was smearing the chalk as she wrote, so it took a little bit of work. Then I wrapped it in clear plastic and tied it up with a red bow.

In other  news, I will not be going back to work until Friday at the earliest!  I feel like I am physically ready and I am actually quite anxious to get back to work.  Unfortunately, I cannot return to work without a note from the doctor and the earliest I could get an appointment was Thurday afternoon.  I called all week and first of alll, their hours are a bit strange.  Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8-12 and Tuesday and Thursday 10-1, and they only see patients on Monday and Thursday.  To make a long story short, the woman who schedules the appointments was out on medical leave and the person who was to cover for her was also out on Medical leave.  So, I guess I best get comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment