Friday, March 22, 2013

A Little Box

My dear friends' birthday is on Monday and I won't be able to celebrate with her.  I had hoped to be with her this year (especially since last year I forgot!) but we weren't able to work it out.  Since we will be going to see them in a few weeks, I choose not to send her gift in the mail rather give it to her in person.  But, I wanted her to have something to let her know that I was thinking of her.

Here is what I came up with a little bit of birthday in a box.


I save boxes that are nice and they are stashed all over my house.  This one is nice and sturdy and had snowflakes all over it.  A little creative wrapping solved that problem.
What's inside, here's a peek:

Doesn't it just look like a celebration!  Bright and colorful.
Here is a breakdown of each little item:

A tag that I decorated, on the back is a note to her.

A little bag of birthday confetti that I prettied up.  (It looks better in person, you'll have to trust me on that.)

Banners are all the rage now and I just love them, they are fun and festive and easy to make.
This is a just small banner that she can put on a cake.

A party horn, a couple balloons, candles and a ribbon thing on a stick (what do you call those things?)

And last but not least, a little cupcake.  I couldn't send a real one so this is the next best thing.  I found this at Michael's a couple of years ago and have stashed it away knowing I'd use it.
I had hoped to mail the box as is, but after talking to the postman he suggested I put it inside another box so noone gets tempted to open it thinking it was something valuable.
Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment