Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here I go again...

It's Tuesday already!  Where does the time go?  I am struggling to keep my head above water.  Feel like I am drowning, barely keeping it together.  Sometimes life gets that way.  No time for the fun stuff, so busy working and catching up, then back to work again.  Sleep, work and start all over again.  Getting me run down.  Then in my spare time, I've decided to start painting my house.  I know.  Get it all out now-I'm nuts!  Trust me, I've heard it all before-but I really need to get it done.  The state of my house is getting me down.
Can't stand being in that no-man's land.  Nothing is quite finished, so everything is a mess.  Or so it seems to me.  And I'm the one who matters, right?  I thought so.
So Saturday I started painting what was the den and before that was Timmy's old bedroom and will soon become Isabella's new bedroom.  It was Americana Blue.  A very nice, soothing shade of blue, but not for Bella.  I started in the closet, because it was a hot mess!  Trust me.  I was just painting the whole thing white and I was doing above the closet doors when I happened to look down and saw the inside of one closet door and was met with a sweet surprise.  There written in green crayon was a long lost message from my son, scrawled across the back of the closet door it said 'I love my Mom and Dad'.  Took my breath away.  That will not be painted over-ever!  Gave me an extra boost of energy too.  I finished the closet and moved on to the room.  Decided to do the room the way her current room is painted so started bringing the white of the ceiling down on the walls about 12 inches all the way around the room.  Mind you, I am trying to cover blue.  Sunday morning and three coats of paint later, got it covered.  Then I started priming the rest of the walls and I got the whole room primed with two coats with the exception of one wall.  As I was about to move onto the final coat on the final wall, I ran out of primer.  Decided that would be a good place to stop for the night.  I don't know when I'll get back to it, because I'm not much good during the week and we have company coming this weekend, but it will get done.  When it does, I'll take pictures and share them!
All that work though must have made me very restless.  I went to bed Saturday night and Jim said that he woke me several times to try and stop me from talking in my sleep.  I kept waking him up.  Michelle and Shawn had been out on a date and came back to the house and were watching tv in the family room, when I came downstairs to the kitchen.  I started talking about people in the street being in my way and having to move the dog to get him out of the way.  Michelle said I turned to her and yelled 'In my arms!' turned and went back to bed.  She said that Shawn laughed so hard he couldn't catch his breath.  Then it continued after I went back to bed.  I just kept talking and yelling.  Jim said at one point I was laughing and when he asked who I was talking to I said "God, I'm talking to God!'  In the morning Bella complained that I woke her up with my 'sleep talking' as she calls it.  Oh well, what's a girl to do.  At least I can amuse my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment