Monday, January 31, 2011

I Hate Mondays!

There is really nothing good to be said about a Monday.  Unless of course, it is a day off.  That is a horse of a different color.  But in general, Monday's stink.  I hate 'em!  Today is no exception.  I didn't want to get up, then the traffic in to work was terrible, work is -well WORK, need I say more?!  If I were ruler of all things, I would make Mondays a stay home day.  Different than a week-end day, where you can do what you want on Saturday and Sunday.  Monday you just stay home.  The whole focus of Monday would be to gear up and re-focus yourself and your family for the week ahead.  Doesn't that sound like a good idea? 
No running around?         No errands?             No jumping in and out of the car?            No spending money?       
                None of that.
Just you and your family. At home.  No neighbors.  No stores.  No homework.  No work.  Just family time.
Quite, together, BE time.  The kids won't be bugging you to go outside or to go to Tommy's house or to the movies or anything, 'cuz your can't.  It's the law of the land.  Of the supreme ruler of all things.  Just quiet family time.  See.  Isn't this sounding better and better?   You're liking it, aren't you?  Go ahead, admit it?

Yeah, me too.

In the meantime, Mondays suck.

So, how was you're weekend?

I was productive if nothing else.  I finished up Bella's room.  Curtains are hung, shelf is up, furniture is all moved in, and there are even a few things on the walls.  For all intents and purposes, her room is done.  Some finishing touches need to go in, but we have to wait for those to arrive.
After I finished in there, I moved into her old room and started priming the walls for paint.  Worked on that for most of the remainder of Saturday.  Cleared out some of the junk that remained in the room that no one wanted to claim, and then Jim and I headed out for a bite to eat and then on to Home Depot.  I know, it was a hot Saturday night!  Picked up the paint that I was going to need and some other misc. items. 
So after church on Sunday I headed upstairs to change my clothes and then straight into the next room to start painting.  I didn't stop until I had run out of paint.  Which happened to be 1/2 a wall shy of finishing the room!  I got two coats on everything but that final 1/2 a wall.  By that time it was 4:30, I was beat and in no mood to run down to the store for more paint, so I cleaned up and called it a day. 
Jim has promised to pick up the paint for me today and I'll finish after work this evening.  So close!
Then, we can begin moving the furniture in and I can start organizing my craft room!  It has been nearly six months since my stuff has been in one place and since I've been able to work on anything.  I won't know where to begin.    I'm sure that I'll be able to figure something out though!

But I won't be working on it over the weekend as I found out on Thursday that a Memorial Service has been planned for Richard on Saturday.  So, I will be flying down to Florida to the rest of my extended family on Thursday as we gather together to celebrate and to honor Richard's life.
So, say a prayer if you will.  I know that it is going to be a difficult time, but one that we will get through together and with God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment