Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Back in Action

I'm back in action after a long weekend.  I flew down to Florida on Thursday to join my family for my cousins' memorial service.  It was good to see my family and good to be with everyone.  We all needed it.  There is so much left unresolved, but I guess that is the way it is in this type of a situation  It just breaks my heart and I grieve so for my Aunt and Uncle and his brothers.  They are in such pain. 
Jim was able to  join me after all and it was so good to have him there with me.  He didn't get down until Saturday and we left on Sunday morning, but he was there and that was what mattered. 

So back home and back to work.  Before I left I finished my room.  Then we got the futon back in, Jim put shelves in the closet for me and I hung the curtains.  While I was away, Jim did get some of my stuff moved upstairs, but there is so much more to go!  Michelle emptied off my bookshelf and moved everything upstairs for me, but had no place to put it because it doesn't look like the shelf will fit.  Each time I m ove spaces I have this problem.  What goes where?  I either loose space or furniture or something.  Now I have too much furniture and too much stuff and not enough space to put it all back.  Something's got to give!  I think that something has got to be me.  I'll be on the road to purging my stash and maybe putting some of the bigger items on Craigs List or something.  I just hate to have to part with my things!  The pain!   
The good news though is that the end is near.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Soon I will be on my way to scrapbooking, cardmaking and general craftyness again.  Oh, I can't wait.  What fun!  I know it will be worth it in the long run, but right now I've about had enough.  
Last night I sat on the floor sorting paper.  And of course now nothing from my old room now matches my new color scheme.  So, I see a shopping trip in my future.  I will definitely post pictures when I'm done. 
Until then!  


No comments:

Post a Comment