Monday, February 28, 2011

What a weekend!

Last week was really terrible.  Truly bad. I worked my tail off at my job so much so that I was physically and emotionally exhausted every day, I slept poorly, and I just felt lousy.  It really was a rotten week at work and I couldn't help it that the rotten-ness at work carried itself over to home.  Sometimes that happens as much as you don't want it to, it just does.  I wasn't necessarily in a bad mood or anything, but I wasn't much fun either.  I was drained and I was determined to put that week behind me and start anew.
So on Saturday I figured I knew just the way to do that and I scheduled a massage along with a mani and a pedi for myself.  You know what?  It really did the trick!  Yup!  Nothing like a few hours of pampering to make you feel all fresh and relaxed again.  Umm.  I just love a good massage and this one was a great massage!  My entire body felt like putty, like I could just slide off the table into a puddle onto the floor, I had turned to mush.  And my sinuses were clear for the first time in a long time too!  It was great! 

Later that evening Jim asked if we wanted to go to the National Zoo
the next day.  He has wanted to go for a while now to see the new lion cubs that were born a while ago and I kept saying no, so I surprised him and said sure.  Bella loves the zoo and was so excited about going.  So, Sunday morning we got up and got an early start so we get down there in time to see them as they are only outside for an  hour. We couldn't have been there for more than an hour or two when Bella started complaining that her foot hurt and she didn't want to walk.  That was unusual because: 1) she doesn't usually complain and 2) she can walk around that place for hours on end.  So Grandaddy put her on his shoulders for a while, but she still wasn't herself.  Soon she started asking for lunch, so we stopped for lunch but when we got her meal she would eat or drink anything.  That is also very unusual behaviour.  When we were watching the lion cubs she just started crying and couldn't be consoled.  But when asked what was wrong she couldn't really say, just that she didn't think she felt well.  So we packed it up and went home.  She slept most of the rest of the day, and ran a bit of a fever off and on, so Michelle decided to take her in to visit the doctor this morning.  Poor kid has strep throat!  Her first time ever!

Before she started to feel poorly.

This little red Panda was so cute!  He had just woken up from a nap in the tree and was so close to us!
There are seven babies from 2 different moms, but only 5 were out this day.
These 2 were so curious and were following mom all over and could see their reflection in the water.
This little one smacked mom when mom kept her from going where she wanted to go!
It did not go over well with momma!


No comments:

Post a Comment