Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quick Update

Just a quick update.  Had a great weekend!  Spent it celebrating the birthday of our dear friend Durinda.  She and Andy drov up from Willliamsburg on Friday and spent the weekend.  Friday I cooked dinner for all of us.  Bella had the day off of school because of the end of the semester and I had a rare day off of work so she helped me in the kitchen making a carrot cake with fresh pineapple filling and orange cream cheese frosting.  Yum! 
On Saturday Michelle and Isabella joined Shawn's family on a trip to the Eastern shore to visit some of his mother's side of the family, so we had a grown up day.  Durinda and I took a drive out to our local scrapbook store, which is abou 35 minutes away so we enjoyed the ride-chatting all the way.  Found lots of goodies when we got there.  Then did a little more shopping on the way back!  The guys had gone downtown to do so poking about into hisitory or something equally dull.  We all joined up later and then that evening we went out for a lovely dinner in downtown at a newer place called Olive's.  The food was great and the company was delightful!
Of course, Bella would think no weekend with the Anderson's was complete if we did not go to Cracker Barrel, so on Sunday we satisfied her desire for breakfast and shopping and went to that local eatery. 
It was such a nice visit and we so enjoyed having them stay with us.  It makes us realize just how much we miss having them so close.
Sunday afternoon I even spent some time in my craft room and made a couple of cards.  Hopefully I'll be able to take a couple of pictures and post them soon.  I know that I've been lax in that department lately.    It's been so long since I've done any crafting, but it felt so good!  Then I even started on a scrapbook page.  Can you stand it!  My room is nearly finished.  I had hoped to wait to post pictures after it was totally done, but I think I will have to do so before as I don't know when that will be.  The only thing really left is to find things for the walls and I am waiting to find the right things an I just haven't found anything yet, so as soon as the light is right I will take the pictures and post them.  (I don't have any lights either, another small detail. Ha!) 
Hope everyone is doing well.  TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment