Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Heat, Humidity and Heart




This heat wave has been a killer!  You might think that having spent much of my youth on the boards (or stage) that I am used to the heat of the bright lights, but let me tell you, nothing can compare to the heat that we have been experiencing here in the South East!  Not for me anyway.  I don't consider myself a Southerner living in Maryland, but we are south of the Mason-Dixon line so I guess that is what we are, but true Southerners would dispute it I am sure!  But despite the fact, it is HOT and HUMID here! 
Last week it was 109 outside and when the heat index was factored in it was 124 degrees.  I don't care who you are-that's hot! 

The heat is just killing me.  Not literally mind you, but it really is doing quite a number on my physical being.  I don't like it, I can't take it, and I WANT MY MOMMY!  If this doesn't break soon, the family is going to find me curled up in a fetal position sucking on a bottle (of wine) twirling my hair and babbling incoherently.  Oh - wait a minute, I think that happened Sunday, but anyway you get the picture.  I don't like this weather.  It puts me in a constant state of 'what's next'.  The heat brings on the headaches, which in turn brings on the nausea and the vision problems, and vertigo and all that rot, now I've noticed that symptoms that I thought were under control are ba-aaack!  Visiting again are my old friends the Tremors, and we can't forget about those unhospitible guests the Myotonias, and where would I be without my old friend  Hypersomnia.  (He is the biggest pain of all because even when he leaves he's never really gone!)  Which is all to say, this month has been pretty rough on me and I've been doin' my best to get through it without whining and moaning too much but sometimes, I just need a bag to scream into and today this blog is my bag.  So there you go.

What have I been doing, for real?  Honestly, not a whole lot.  Staying inside, keeping cool.  Sleeping.  A lot.
As much as I hate to do that, I have to do that and I am miserable if I can't take a nap.  Sounds crazy doesn't it?  I am almost 50 years old, I've never been one to take naps during the day, or even sleep in for that matter and now I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  Next thing you know I'll be investing in Depends so I won't have to get out of bed to go to the bathroom!  Ha!  Not that it matters much anyway, I do it in my sleep from what I understand.  I must be reverting back to my infancy or something. 

Last weekend the kids had a treasure hunt for Bella and Aiden and it ended with their treasure being new Ice Cream Sundae bowls for each of them, toppings and an ice cream scoop.  Their treasure was an Ice Cream Sundae Party to celebrate National Ice Cream Day of course! 
We all joined in the fun, but I had yogurt and was called a traitor for my efforts! 

This weekend, was pretty quiet.  Sunday Michelle and Shawn took Bella and Shawn's niece Jordyn to the Princess Breakfast at the Way Off Broadway Theatre.  Here is our little Princess;
She's getting so big and grown up looking.  She went as Rapunzel.
Later on in the evening, we all went to Shawn's parents home for dinner.  His sister Courtney was home from Florida, so we got to meet her and his sister Jennifer and her husband Jason and their three children were there as well.  It was a delightful evening with good food, a very warm and welcoming atmosphere and lots of fun stories and conversation.

One other thing that has been keeping me busy as of late is another new addiction-Heartsy!  Have you heard of it?  If you know of the Etsy site then you may know about Heartsy.  Etsy is an online 'mall' where anyone who crafts things can set up a shop and sell their homemade items online.  Here is what Hearts has to say about themselves: Heastsy features exclusive private sales on handmade designer items across the internet. Our mission is to introduce you to new & talented artisans every day via amazing deals.
And let me tell you, the deals are amazing!  For instance, I bought a voucher for a shop that was worth $59 for just $20!  Then I could use that voucher like cash in that particular shop and purchase whatever I wanted to.  Pretty cool, right?!  And they also have referral rewards.  How does that work?  Well, NEW: Invite friends, and share $10 with every friend you refer.
After you buy the deal, you'll get a unique link to share. If your friend buys a deal on Heartsy, you get $10 to spend with us in the future! 
Can't beat that, right?  Look them up at Heartsy.me and browse their site and you can see some of the deals that they have featured today, and what they will be featuring tomorrow.  It doesn't cost you anything to join unless you become a VIP member.  You will get the deals sent to you inbox each day and if you are interested you just click on the link to look further and if you want to purchase, you click on it and buy it!  So simple.  I've already picked up a couple of gifts and maybe one or two things that I might not want to give away!  I Love Heartsy!  You will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment