Monday, September 26, 2011

Catching Up



I know I've got a lot of catching up to do!  I've had lots going on and just haven't had a chance to get on the computer.  Really.  So, what have I been up to since last I posted? 

Well, aside from the usual which keeps me busy enough-there has been lots!  Thursday night Michelle and I headed on over to the Fairgrounds to see Darius Rucker.  He put on an amazing concert and was very well received.  The fans just loved him-Michelle and I included! 
That's Michelle, leaning right up against the stage hoping to get a guitar pick.  No luck!
Friday is traditionally kids day at the fair and as such, the county schools are closed for the day.  That's what it's like to live in a small, rural farm town.  Over the years as more and more city people have moved in, there have been numerous complaints, and lots of people have tried to change it, but the tradition still stands.  So, Bella spent the day with Granddaddy and in the evening, Michelle and I took her to  her first concert at the fair.  Billy Currington was playing and one of Bella's favorite country songs is 'People are Crazy' by Billy Currington, so we thought it might be a good one to start her out with.  We did start to worry about the weather though as it rained off and on for most of the day, but it stopped in time for the concert and despite the horrendous humidity, the concert was a HUGE success!  Bella had a great time and danced and sang along, and at the end of the show she went to the stage with Michelle and during the encore, Billy held Bella's hand during one of his songs.  She was thrilled!  (I was too far away to even see it let along photograph it!)
Bella and Michelle before the concert.  Bella had to change into her new Billy Currington T-shirt!


Michelle and Bella rocking it out!
Saturday I had another great day and had a massage.  Oh!  How I love to start my day with a massage.  Actually, I don't really care where in my day one happens to fall.  I'd take it in any part of the day.  I just really enjoy getting a massage.  I felt totally refreshed, renewed and re-energized afterwards and went to the grocery store before I headed home and cleaned the house and did several loads of laundry and some ironing.  Then when Jim got home he wanted to go out to try and find a dresser for Bella's room in our  house and we stopped at several stores without any luck and then came home.  I checked on Craigslist because I had seen something on there in Hagerstown and so I called about it and we headed up there to look at it and hopefully purchase it.  Only to get there to find out that the guys brother had already sold it!  Luckily, they purchase stuff from estate sales and had a lot of stuff and we were able to get something else that worked for us.  It wasn't exactly what we wanted, but it will work and it was only $60.  Perfect!
Yesterday morning we met Michelle, Shawn and Bella for breakfast and then after we took Bella home with us while Michelle and Shawn headed for the airport.  They are going to Disney for a few days alone.  Which means we get Bella for a few days alone!  Works out good all around. 
After they left, my cousin came up to the house with her little girl Tory who is the same age as Bella and we took the girls to a local pumpkin patch.  They had a great time playing together. 
They loved the corn maze, but it was a bit muddy for our taste!!
 

It was also hotter than we had expected it to be. 
Bella quickly found a way to solve  her problem of being to hot.  She just dumped a bottle of water over her head!  Problem solved. 
Needless to say, between the mud, the water, corn, sweat, and everything else, they were a bit of a mess by the time we got  home.  Thank goodness for nice clean showers!  Had her smelling sweet in no time flat.
So tomorrow morning its back to work and school for us.  I think I might be glad for a little boring routine.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm looking forward to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment