Monday, October 12, 2009

Weekend Recap

My Weekend was busy, really, well sort of. Friday found me at home all day on the couch feeling yucky. Nothing specific, just feeling lousy. I stayed home from work and went to the dr. just to be safe-diagnosis: virus. So, Friday was wholly undproductive. Then on Saturday I woke up feeling somewhat better, but I knew that I had a full plate so I had to get moving. I went to Toys R' Us to pick up a Christmas gift for Bella and then drop it off at my neighbors' house so that she could hide it. Ran a few more errands and returned home to do a quick cleaning. Around lunchtime, Andy & Durinda arrived and we began preparing for the evening's event-a Surprise 70th birthday party for Andy. Durinda was worried that he knew, but he was clueless. Here's the proof:

So, that was my Saturday, it was a lot of fun and Durinda pulled off the perfect surprise!  On Sunday, I never
even made it out of my P.J.s!  It was one of those days, the temperature dipped way down and I was still not feeling great, so I just stayed comfy.  I decided to have a go at cleaning my room and I really made quite a good showing at it.  I was able to really get a lot accomplished and after I finished cleaning, I was able to work in there for a while too!  Great day!  So now, I'd like to give you a tour of my Scrapatorium.  It is small-6' x 11' approximately.  It is right off the garage and used to be our mud room, but I took it over about a year ago as my own.  So, this is the view coming in the door from the garage:


As you can see it is painted a nice cheery pink.  (Pink makes me happy!)  I had the rub on over the desk made for me by Uppercase Living and I love it!  The desk and hutch top came from Office Max and is part of the Christopher Lowell collection designed for small spaces.  I have my Glimmer Mist and Stickles hanging on the back, they are attached to with velcro tape. 

This is looking from my desk towards the back of the room where a closet once was.  I removed the doors and put my cubbies in there, giving me lots of storage space.  The inside of the closet is painted a cream color and the shelves and the wall space in between are painted brown.  I have white baskets lined with a pink and green fabric sitting on the first shelf.  They are labeled and hold things like adhesives, rub-ons, punches, etc.  It is somewhat difficult to see, but on top of the cubbies sits a small DVD player with a TV sitting on top of it.  (Watching Golden Girls when the photo was taken!)  I left the coat rod in there and created a Clip It Up style of thing and hang some of larger embellishments there.

This bookcase sits next to the closet opening, behind my desk.  I can just reach back and grab whatever I need.  I keep my ribbons in the basked on the top shelf.  The boxes hold things like bags for cards and crafts, QK foam, foam stamps, etc.  In the small drawer unit with the green/pink drawers I have my stamp inks, and stamp accessories.  On the third shelf, I keep my Studio G stamps in the green binders (there are 2 of them) and next to that are pads of Basic Grey 6 x 6 paper for card making.  There are also idea books, files and all kinds of stuff. 

Finally, this is the view from the closet facing the doors.  The door on the left leads to the garage and the one on the right goes into the hallway and the kitchen.  The back wall holds my MM Embellishment Center and an old VCR Tape rack we had that fits perfectly.  I have all of my QK 2 x 2 fonts on that, as well as my markers, Primas and a Card box.  And finally, my DVD collection.  I like to put on old TV shows while I crop.  Between the door and my desk is a small 2-shelf unit that holds my border punches, embossing gun, some of my most used Revolution Dies and Spellbinders and on top of it is my 8.5" x 11" cardstock. 
So, there you have it!  It's small, but it's mine!  Now maybe I can get some scrapping done!

No comments:

Post a Comment