Friday, April 15, 2011

Another Friday Already?

Sometimes I wonder where the days go, then other times I know exactly where they've gone to.  I try hard to plan my days, but I think that the problem is that I plan too much into them and just simply run out of time.  Work often gets in the way of my play time.  I hate it when that happens, although it is a necessary evil!  For some of us anyway.  Work does take up a lot of my time, but at least it gives me something to talk about and for the most part I do enjoy my work.  For that I am thankful.

So, what else have I been up to all week?  Well, let me tell you.  I think that I mentioned that my doctor had recomended physical therapy for me, so I had set out to find a therapist that I could work with.  The therapy that was prescribed was massage therapy because she thought that I could gain the most benefit from that type of therapy because her theory is that I am not going to 'get better' as wih an injury, but that I might get relief from the pain and pephaps gain better range of motion.  So with prescription and a list of therapists in hand, I picked up the telephone and began dialing the phone.  An hour later I had spoken to many doctors offices and was now on the last page of my list, when finally I had an appointment set up for Tuesday of this week. The task at hand was not nearly as easy as I had anticipated!  So after work on Tuesday I don a pair of sweat pants, a T shirt and some sneakers and head on over to the office of, for privacy sake I'll call them PTI.  First,, I am introduced to the therapist, a seemingly nice enough woman who evaluates me and my aches and pains, etc.  From there she tells me what her plan of treatment is going to be for the day.   It started with electronic stimulis and heat and ended with - well- she called it a massage I called it a beating!  She actually told me to hang onto the table at one point.  Lucky for me she was being gentle.  Usually she uses a stool so that she can gain better traction, but being that it was my first time she decided to go easy on me.  Ha!  I am still sore and find it hard to believe that I am not bruised from the experience.  I went home feeling sick, tired, and totally worn out.  This is the most amazing part though, I went back on Thursday! 
But this time I had a different therapist.  A man this time and he was as different from she as night is from day.  The whole experience was different and I left feeling better, more energetic, better able to move and dare I say it-less fatigued.  I think I will stick with him if I can.

Spring Break begins for Bella.  She is off school all of next week and looking forward to some Spring-like weather.  We have had our fair share of rain around here and unfortunately we are expecting more.  Michelle had plans for tomorrow that were all outdoor but it looks like they will be cancelled due to the weather as we are expecting several inches of rain to fall-again.  (The ground is so water logged there is no place left for it to go!)  So plans will have to be changed to accomodate the weather but I think she won't mind.  Grandaddy has something special in mind.  I'll let you know if it pans out.  Usually during the break, Bella gets to spend a lot of time with her Grandad, but this year because it is so late, Jim is working at the golf course more than usual and their time together is very limited.  Bella was very disappointed to hear that, but not more that Jim.  They have a special bond and really enjoy their time together and their special outings.  It doesn't matter what they do, sometimes she will just help him with yard work.  But it's their time and that's enough.   
She's a lucky little girl!

Anyway, that's about all for now. 
I'm going cropping tonight!  Believe it or not!  Can't wait to see my girls.  Have a great weekend.
Kareb

No comments:

Post a Comment