Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Review and a Deal!

There's a great deal going on over at Shutterfly for anyone who's interested in graduation cards!  You can get 5 free 5 x7 greeting cards or 5x5 or 5x7 stationery cards.  Just enter the code: CARD4GRAD at checkout and all you have to do is pay for shipping!  Hurry thoug, the offer is good through Wednesday only. 

Had a great weekend!  Saturday, Bella had her final dance competition of the season.  We drove about an hour for it, though Map Quest told us it would take an hour and 37 minutes so we were early.  Only wrinkle came when we were getting off the exit ramp and an 18 wheeler that was in front of us kicked up a pebble and it hit my windshield.  It didn't chip or crack it right away, but after we parked a crack right in front of the driver side appeared.  It was only about three inches so I didn't worry too much. 

We went inside and got ready for the competition (it was an early morning as she had to be there at 7:45) and after they completed both of their dances, we waited for the awards cermony to begin.  It began on time at 10:30 AM and they won 2 Top Gold awards!  We were out of there a little after 11:00 AM and went out to the car to go home to find that since the sun had come up, the crack in my windshield had now grown to about 8 inches!  Oh well, what can you do.  Today, Jim is home so we are going to have to see about having it replaced!  
After we got home, the girls went to Aiden's baseball game and then spent the rest of the day down at Shawn's house.  Jim and I got some gardening done, pulled a few weeds, planted some new flowers, moved some things around that kind of thing.  We hit Home Depot and looked for a ceiling fan for my craft room too, but the one that we saw that we liked, they didn't have in stock. Isn't that always the way?!
It was just a nice, pleasant day.

Sunday rolled around and we decided to skip church.  Jim had to work, Michelle and Shawn were taking the kids to the National Zoo for the day and I wasn't driving my car, so I stayed home by myself.  I know-by myself! It is so strange sometimes.  I keep waiting for someone to walk in on me, to inturrupt the quiet.  Don't get me wrong, I love having the kids around-I love it!  It is just nice to have some quiet time once in a while.  But every time I thought about doing something, I thought that someone would be coming home soon and I'd have to stop and put it away or stop and start again, so I never really got started!  I'll have to get used to it eventually.  Ha!  I did manage to get a little bit done after they got home.
I'd like to add something to the bottom of the first page, but couldn't come up with exactlywhat I needed.  It will come to me in time.
I'd love to tell you that this was from Halloween of 2010, but alas! I am so far behind that this is from 2009.  What's a gal to do?  Just keep on cropping!
I've got so many projects going on though.  I've started working on Bella's birthday party stuff.  It's right around the corner already!  June will be here before I know it and I've set myself up.  So, this years theme is 'A Day at the Spa'.  She can't wait!  Here are the goodie bags:

I don't know why it's sideways, but hopefully you can get the idea.
The stamp is from  My Clear Stamps
The party colors are blue and pink and I found blue and pink headbands and Michael's last year one of each color per package on sale for .50 and I made these flowers to clip onto them.
A girl in my office brought in a bag with a flower on it made from felt.  The flower was similar to these and I thought I could make it so I played around a bit, looked at some of Bella's and this is what I came up with.  Made from ribbon and tulle, I put stickles on the edges of the ribbon, used  hot glue to put it all together and a little button in the center to add some bling! Lots more to do, but this is a start!
That's all for now...
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment