Monday, June 11, 2012

Poodles, Paris, Packages and lots of Pink!

Our Bella turned eight on Sunday, I can hardly believe that eight years have passed since that day when I saw her take her first breath.  She has been a blessing to all of us every single day though, and I am so glad to have been able to share so many happy memories with my darling grandaughter. She has brought so much life and love into our lives!
Like every year, I was going to do her birthday party.  This year it was rather difficult to choose a theme for her party and we were kind of all over the map.  We had finally narrowed it down to a doggie theme of some sort, but nothing definitive.  She loved the idea of a puppy party, but it just wasn't 'glittery' enough for her.  So, we came up with the idea of Pink Poodles in Paris.  Not terrible orignal, but she was thrilled with the whole idea.  I started to make the invitation and was looking online for paper goods to go with the theme and found a beautiful party set at Paper Glitter that could be personalized, it was perfect!  I worked on the party for quite a while and used lots of recipes that I found on Pinterest
We decided to have her party with her friends on Saturday morning and then go right on to have a family party after that.  Mr. Wonderful had decided to rent a Princess bouncey house and we wanted all the kids to get to play in it and get our $$ worth.  I got up at 5:30 that morning and started the preparations, since I sometimes move somewhat slower than usual, I wanted to allow myself enough time to get everything done.

Here's our birthday girl!

My goodness, she was soooo excited!  She could not wait for this day. We had not told her about the bouncey house and she got to our house just as they showed up with it in the truck and she walked right by them and said hello but never paused at all.  I said to Michelle that she didn't seem to be too excited about it and Michelle said she didn't think Bella knew what it was.  While I was showing them to the backyard Bella stopped and looked at the side of the truck and all of the sudden she came running up to me and jumped up on me and wrapped herself around me and said "Oh, Thank you, thank you, thank you!"  It was cute.

This is the bouncey house, resplendent with Disney Princesses and flowers and even a bright pink extension cord!  So very girly.  She was thrilled and jumped in it right away and bounced about for a while before the party began.  She wore herself out it as it got very hot in there very fast.  It was a beautiful day though-we totally lucked out!  You just never know what you're going to get weather wise here in June. 

I had my son in law Shawn take pictures for me so that I could be more dedicated to the party and I haven't gotten his photos yet.  I'm hoping that he got some good ones!  
For now I will leave you with this picture of the goody table.

No comments:

Post a Comment