Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Addicted!

First, I'd like to say that I am horrified by the events that occured at the end of the Boston Marathon.  It was another beautiful day with a blue sky, not unlike that back in September of 2001, when tradegy hit and horror rang out.  My hearts and prayers go out to all those involved, to the victims and their families-May God be with you during this time of healing and pain and may you find comfort.  To those who perpetrated this terrible crime, know that you will not bring us down as we as one Nation Under God, will only pull together and become stronger.  The evil that lies in your heart comes from Satan and we will not let him
win!


So, on to my topic at hand-Addicted!
Serious topic.
What is an addiction?  The dictionary defines it as such:

ad·dic·tion/əˈdɪkʃən/ Show Spelled [uh-dik-shuhn] Show IPA


noun

the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.   Reading that definition the first part of it convinces me-I'm addicted.  Now, addictions come in many forms; narcotics, alcohol, cigarettes, food, gambling and perhaps one of the most perplexing addiction of all and the one that I am currently suffering from- CANDY CRUSH SAGA!   I am totally addicted.  How did it happen?  Well, like many it started slowly.  One day I was feeling a little bored and a lot lazy.  I didn't feel like going and doing something, but I didn't want to just sit and watch TV.  So, I picked up my i-Phone and downloaded the App.  I had heard that people were playing it and had even seen some post on FB about it so I decided to try it.  The app is free, so what do I have to loose I thought.  Ha! 
Bright colors, fun music and a fairly simple idea.  Clear the candy.  And so it began...
One level down, easy enough. 
Next level was somewhat more challenging, but not a big deal-onward ho!
Level after level I moved on and I didn't really even know how it worked at that point.  I was just putting three of the same colors together, no strategy involved. 
Then a friend noticed me playing and she asked if I knew what I was doing.  Doing?  No, just playing a game.  That day we took our lunch break together and over lunch, she explained the strategy of the game.  Huddled over my phone, she showed me what the striped candies do and the wrapped candies and OMG have you gotten those multi-colored beauties?! 
Now I was hooked.  It wasn't just about the luck of the draw or how the candy fell, there was a real strategy involved. 
Then I started getting a little face showing up on my screen that emitted tears and told me I had so many minutes left before I could play again.  Out of lives! 
What is this?  But, I'm not done.  I haven't completed this level.  More lives, I need more lives!
Turns out  you can ask your friends to give you more lives, so the requests began.  please , just one more life.  I have to complete this level. 

I am consumed.  Committed to getting through this stupid game.  I am a bit of a newbie, only been playing for a couple of weeks.  Currently I am stuck on level 38.  It's driving me crazy!  I can't get rid of the stupid jellies!  I'm out of moves with just one jelly left.  Oooh!
I knew it was a problem when I dreamt of  calling out sick so I could figure the stupid thing out.  Kidding!
Help!

I can't stop playing.

Have you gotten sucked up in this never ending vortex? 
(What level are you on and can you spare a lifte!)

No comments:

Post a Comment