Saturday, April 20, 2013

20 Questions

Getting to know me, a little bit.  Twenty questions and answers.  Honest, answers.  Promise or try anyway!


1.What is your road trip essential snack?
  CANDY!  I am a sweet freak and sugar is my favorite food group!  And as someone once told me there are no calories when you are on the road.
2.You've been handed two free round-trip tickets...who are you taking and where are you going?
First, woo-hoo!  I love free! First, I would go to Florida with the hubs to visit my parents.  Both my Mom & Dad and my Dad & Bonus Mom live in Florida and I don't get down there to visit. Like ever!
Second trip, I have always wanted to visit Italy! (and Greece and Australia, and on, and on.).  And I've always wanted to go there with my daughter, Michelle. I think that would be so much fun!
3,What was your high school jam?
I had to call my sisters about this one.  I really liked the Eagles way back then, still like them as a matter of fact.  Hotel California, never really understood the song but I liked it!  
4.Would you rather have a perfect bum, or a flawless face?
  Flawless face, no doubt!  Everyone sees it coming and the bum only going and it can be easily camouflaged!

5.What shows are you ashamed to admit are on your DVR?
Dance Moms-my dirty little secret.  It's like a train wreck that I can't  tear myself away from.
                                                                  Abby is SO Evil!
                                      
6.What's your ringtone?
I've never downloaded one, because I'm cheap.  Currently it is a tweeting bird.
7.How old were you when you had your first kiss? Was it meh or toe-curling?
I
really don't remember, but I think it was in 5th grade on the playground.  Who can have a toe-curling kiss in the 5th grade?  Definitely meh!

                                                         kissing lips photo: avatar kissing_lips.gif
8.Do you have any siblings, and if so, where are you in the birth order?
Siblings?  Boy, do I have them!  My parents were divorced and both re-married people with children so I grew up with lots.  My mother however, gave birth to 4 girls-of which I was number 2.  Born 21 months after my older sister.  Susan, Karen, Laura and Jenn.
When I add in the 3 that my Dad brought and the 5 that my step-mother brought it went like this:
Eddie, Michael, Susan, Peter, Susan (I know, 2!),Cindy, Karen (Me!), Garry, Laura, Scott, Luanne and Jenn.
Interesting facts, other than the fact that there are two Susan's.  My brother Peter and my sister Susan are one month apart in age.  My sister Cindy, Me and my brother Garry are all born one month apart from each other.  Cindy October 24, Me November 24 and Garry December 26th - all the same year.
                                                 Jenn, me, Laura and Susan

9.What was your first car, and did you name it?
My first car was one that my Grandfather gave to me when he got a new one.  It was a 1961 Chevy, I think.  I got it in 1980 and I did not name it.

10.What would you request for your last supper?
 Don't really know.  Probably anything that my Mom would make me!  Love her soups, and her Italian and pretty much anything else she makes.

11.Have you ever been hospitalized, and if so, what for?
  YES!  Far too many times!  Once, when I was 18 for a foot re-construction.  Twice to give birth.  ('81 and '86) Then I had a hysterectomy, I was hospitalized for 5 days for a migraine, then an appendectomy, an oophorectomy (ovary removal), and finally a gallbladder removal just last year.
 
12.How tall are you? Do you wish you were taller, shorter...or are you just right?
I am 5'4" and growing up I always wished I was taller.  Now, I'm fine with my height.  (Especially since I am the tallest of my 3 sisters and my mother.)
  .
13.Do you prefer to DIY or hire it out?
Will, I prefer to hire out, but often find myself DIYing!  I do get a certain amount of satisfaction doing it myself and I like to paint.
.
14.What do you eat for breakfast?
Most days I have cereal (either hot or cold) or Greek yogurt.
 
15.What would you do for a living if you didn't need money?
When I was younger I would have said an actress or a singer, but now I think I would be a party planner.  .

16.Finish this sentence: Every room needs....
Paint!  Even if it is a good White or Beige. I can't stand to see builder's paint on walls and I think that your paint colors and types of paint say a lot about you.

17.How frequently do you wash your hair? Do you have any hair secrets or tricks?
 I wash my hair every other day and it usually looks best on the second day.  I always use hair spray, even if I am just pulling my hair back.  I have thick hair and it helps it to keep the style and helps with fly aways.

18.Will you leave the house without makeup?
  I have, but only to be hospitalized.  Otherwise-NEVER!

18.You just unloaded your Halloween haul...what candy do you go for first?
   Jelly beans-God's perfect food!


19.What totally inane talent do you possess?
  Oh my, so many to choose from.  I can touch my nose with my tongue!



20. What would you consider a perfect day?
This is a tough one!  I like to do so many things and love to have the opportunity to spend time with family and friends, but if we are talking just a 'regular' day?  It would be snowing outside and a roaring fire in the fireplace.  I would have something warm and wonderful cooking on the stove or in the crockpot (obviously, someone put it there for me if it's wonderful!) I would spend the day in really comfy clothes and warm cozy socks, reading and crafting and finish the day with a nice glass of wine.  Simple.
Or, any day at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment