Friday, June 14, 2013

A New Post!?!

I know that it has been too long since i have posted, but I have a good excuse.  Sort of, maybe, I guess it really depends.  My excuse is that I have simply been too tired to write. 
Doesn't sound like much of an excuse, does it?  It is however, the truth. 
So, let's review what I have been up to, shall we?
First up is Isabella's Birthday Party.  Each year I typically let her invite five girls so that it would be six including her.  For the last couple of years, they haven't all been able to come and we wind up with 3-4 girls.  This year I told her she could invite 11.  Her first question to me was "Did you ask my Mom if that's okay?"  Ha!  She's such a good kid.  After convincing her that mom was okay with it, she went ahead and made her guest list.  So this year all but one showed up! My Dad and Marlena arrived first at about noon and there was a certain amount of excitement as they saw her outfit.  Bella was wearing a shirt that said "Big Sister".  That's right, Isabella is going to be a big sister sometime around the middle of December.  (If the baby stays put.)  More on that later.
Then one of the guests arrived with her mom and dad and dade wanted a tour of our backyard.  I was happy to oblige but while giving him the grand tour, the rest of the guests arrived.  It wouldn't have been a problem, except taht I had not had a chance to take any pictures yet of my decorations.  Consequently, I have just a few as compared to normal.  The theme was Hollywood Red Carpet and our girl just loved her party!  

Bella and the girls just loved these little Oscar statues!

I was pleased with this film strip banner that I created.  Each of her nine birthdays are represented on the banner and it is fun to see how she has changed!

The wreath is made from popcorn and unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it until after the birds had started to nibble on it! 
It was super hot that day, so although the party was primarily outside, we choose activities to help cool them off.  They had a water balloon fight, a shoot for the stars competition (gold stars hung from a tree and the girls had to sh oot them with a water gun.), a pinata and of course, all the girls had the opportunity to walk the red carpet.  They were so funny!

Don't know why they won't stay rotated?

After the girls all left my Dad & Marlena, my cousin Cathy and her daughter Victoria (pictured above in the red), Sean's parents and Vinnie & Sabina (our grandparents from next door) all stayed for dinner.  It was a very busy, but very nice day.
Sunday we had breakfast with Dad & Marlena before they hit the road.
After they had left, Jim and I headed down to Tyson's Corner to shop for Bella's Birthday at the American Girl Store.  She just love's those dolls and every single accessory!

On to the news of our newest grandbaby.  Michelle had a lot of sickness during her pregnancy with Isabella and she ultimately delivered 6 1/2 weeks early. Although Bella weighed in at 6 pounds 12 ounces, she would have been huge had Michelle carried to term.  True to form, Michelle has again been very ill.  She can't seem to hold anything down.  This came to a head on Tuesday when she began to feel lightheaded and generally poor after not holding anything in her stomach for 2 1/2 days.  She went to the doctor who sent her directly to the ER.  She had lost 4 pounds in 2 weeks and they needed to get nutrients in her right away.  She ws diagnosed with Hypermesis Gravidarum, the same condition that Princess Kate suffered with in the beginning of her pregnancy.  Wednesday she saw the Perinatologist for the first time who recomended a cerclage, stitching of the cervix to keep it closed.  It was scheduled for yesterday at 6:30 am.  We were to keep Bella so she wouldn't have to get up so early. 
Now, last weekend Bella and I went to Ohio to celebrate my nieces graduation from High School.  While we were there I noticed that her cheeks were quite red the whole time.  Bella said that she felt fine and it was probably just sun, but I had a different feeling.  Tuesday she was sent home from school with a rash and when Michelle called the dr. she was told that it was a rash and reallly, there was nothing to do about it but let it run its course.  All well and good, but she couldn't go back to school without a doctor's note, so Michelle called back and set up an appointment.  For 9:00 Thursday morning.  I took her and Fifth's Disease was confirmed.  Nothing to do for Bella, but the dr. cautioned me not to have her around pregnant women!  It can cause some complications in unborn babies.  I got Bella back in school and headed over to the hospital to spell Shawn so that he wouldn't have to take another day off work.  I thought we'd be there an hour or two, but no, not with Michelle.  She couldn't hold anything down and could not pass the final test needed to ensure release-going to the bathroom on her own.  Sounds easy enough, right?  Not so much, especially given that she had a spinal block for the procedure. 
Anyway, she was still at the hospital when she reminded me that I needed to head out for my scheduled MRI of my neck.  So I ran over to the imaging center, had the MRI and then was about to head back to the hospital when Shawn texted me to let me know that he was taking her home!  It was now about 3:00.
I went home by myself and walked in to Jim telling me that it was time to go get Bella from school.  I let him do that run alone as I hadn't eaten or taken a break all day!
Then it was time for Bellas makeup and hair to be done for her dress rehearsal.  After doing that I dropped her off with her Dad who was taking her to the rehearsal.  Michelle realized that today was the last day of school and she had neglected to get the teacher a gift, so I ran out to do that. While I was there, Shawn called and asked if I could pick up her Rx from the pharmacy.  Sure.  I went to CVS only to f ind that the dr. had not called it in!  Ran back to Michelle's to drop off the gift and told her.  Shaw called the doctor and at 9:00 he called back to say we could pick it up.  He was STILL at dance.  Problem is, the pharmacy was closing in 30 seconds.  I was able to reach the pharmacist who transferred the prescription to a 24 hour store and Mr. W ran over to pick it up. 
Whew!  I'm tired again jnst from typing that out!

Tomorrow is Bella's recital, so we will be busy with that.  Good news is we have nothing scheduled for Sunday.  Oh wait!  It's Father's Day!  Better figure out a gift for the hubs.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment