Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Whiney Wednesday! (Sorry, that's the best I can do today)

Have you ever had one of those days when you feel like you should have just stayed in bed and pulled the covers over your head and shut the world out?  Yeah, me too.  As a matter of fact, that day started for me on Monday.  I'll let you know when it's over. 

So, I am little lot cranky and whiney.  I will apologize in advance-sorry.

Let me tell you about it.  Monday came too fast, as per usual.  I went to work and was just slammed!  I had to take care of a few issues that I should not have had to address, but did. After a long day, I left and went to the doctor for my first of three injections-in my NECK!!  This is how it went.  He says to look down with my chin on my chest, dr. swabbed the area and then gave me an injection of lidocain.  Not an all together great feeling, but not horrible.  Next he says he is going to give me the injection if he can get the it in right because my neck is such a wreck that he wasn't sure he could get the right spot.  He warned me that I might hear a 'pop' and not to worry as it was normal.  Just the needle going into the tendon.  Ummm, ewwww!  Sure enough, POP! goes the tendon and then some pressure as the medication is plunged into my unsuspecting body.  I left and went home with just a small bandage covered by a piece of gauze and tape so as not to mess up my clothes.  After I got home I was doing a few things to help the hubs (who was at work) get ready for his trip with Isabella and Tim to Breezy Point, when suddenly and much to my dismay, the lidocain wore off and it well, hurt!  Not just the regular hurt of say a broken bone or a root canal hurt.  This was more like, OMG!  Rip my head off so I won't feel this, kinda pain. Suffice it to say it was a long night ending with me sleeping in the recliner only to have to get up and go to work the next day.

After a busy day at work I came home to hubs having just gotten home and beginnng to unload the car.  I dropped my stuff and  helped unload the stuff. Now here is where things begin to get ugly.  Mr. Wonderful's idea of unloading the car is to take everything out of it and dump it in the kitchen!  My idea of unloading the car is to take everything from the car and put it away. So while he did who knows what?  I rinsed the sand off everything, emptied the cooler, put the unused towels away, and unloaded the dishwasher before I could load it again because he didn't have time to do it before leaving for the beach. When we, and by  that I mean I finally sat down, he took the remote and turned on one of his shows and promptly fell asleep.  Really?  Then when he woke up had the nerve to tell me how tired he was from spending the day at the beach and went on to elaborate with details of all they had done. Like it wasn't good enough to just plunge the knife in he had to twist it too.  Meanwhile I had taken the med that the dr had given me and instead of making me tired, it made me wired and I was up until midnight.  When that alarm went off at 4:45 am I wasn't feeling very rested at all.

An hour later I get in my car to go to work and notice after I turn the car on that all the lights on the dashboard light up - again.  (Same thing had happened the week before.)  Grrrr!  I get to work and call the dealership telling them that I don't want to stay, I want to drop the car off and get a loaner because I really don't want to stay and wait for it. I made an appointment and after yet another squirrley day at work I headed to the dealership.  When I arrive they check me in and I'm told that it will only take a moment to diagnose the problem, so why don't I have a seat in the waiting room-that was at 4:30.  At six o'clock my car wHeas done and I was good to go!  Why did I have to make an appointment to wait?  The worst part of waiting was that I had forgotten my book in the car, the waiting room television was showing amatuer boxing (really!) and did I mention the waiting area had no air conditioning?
All I wanted to do was go home and get something to eat since I had neglected to have lunch and put my head down. 
As you can tell, I was none too happy and then on the drive home everything irritated me.  I live in a small town that has a great radio station that I listen to.  Unfortunately, the local businesses in town choose to make their own radio commercials and they stink.  I mean, really BAD!!  Let me just say that if you are making a commercial that is going to be played on the radio and said radio is listened to people who are driving in cars, it is NOT a good idea to have police sirens in your ad!  I think I'm getting pulled over or am supposed to pull over for the emergency vehicles or something.  Not a good idea. 
And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I see this guy running down the side of the road.  He was about 5' 9 or 10" and about 120 pounds, yeah his bones were showing!  He was about as pale as vampire in Miami and he was wearing the shortest, ugliest shorts I have ever seen.  Do I really have to bear witness to this?  It was just wrong on so many levels I couldn't stand it.

Then, I get home.  And here is the part where Mr. Wonderful looses his moniker.  From now on he will be referred to as just-him or he.  Why?  HE had left the toaster on the counter right where he left it after he used it.  I have to assume that he must have broken his arm taking it out of the cabinet which is why he wasn't able to get it back in the cabinet.  He failed to put any of the dishes or glasses that he had used into the dishwasher, that arm must have really been killing him. Then I went upstairs to grab a quick shower and put my pj's  only to discover that not only did He not make the bed but, He practically ripped the sheets off the bed in his sleep and left it that way.  I don't know about you, but I can't get into an unmade bed.  I HATE it.  And since He was sooo tired and went to bed early, HE took all the pillows off the bed and threw them on the floor.  In a mess!  Isn't is just so much nicer to put them in an nice, neat pile before putting them down on the chair-or the floor if you must.  UGH!  I so  hate to have to get into an unmade bed that on the day I was to be released from the hospital, Michelle ran over to the house before work or on her break or something and made my bed.

All I can say is: Thank God I had the forsight to raise that child right!

G' Night!
I'll be better tomorrow, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment