Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School

Yesterday was our little Bella's first day of First Grade!  How can that be?  She is growing up so fast, I can hardly stand it.  She was so excited about the school year beginning though.  She had been waiting for it all summer long, and it was finally here. 
Sunday we wanted to  make special, her last day of summer vacation.  Probably more for us than for  her, but whatever.  Jim had to work all day, so it was just us girls.  I was down for the count on Saturday with a migraine and slept in a little on Sunday morning, and wasn't too anxious to get going right away either.  So Bella and Michelle started in on getting a gift together for Bella's teacher.  They dipped fortune cookies in chocolate and then sprinkled red & blue jimmies on them (school colors), packaged them up nice, and voila:
(Tag reads: I'm so FORTUNATE to have YOU for a teacher; courtesey of 2 Sisters)
They tasted good too! 
Then of course Bella felt bad about not having anything for her teacher from last year and wanted to bring something in for her too.  So I had to come up with something on the fly- here's what I did:

Nothing fancy, but it did the trick!  Bella was happy and the teacher has extra pencils for her desk.
We had thought of going to the pool, but it was rainy and just not pool weather so instead we decided upon a movie.  Bella choose Despicable Me. Though she had seen it before with Jim, she wanted Michelle and I to see it too and we were not dissappointed!  It was very funny.  We didn't see it in 3-D, but it was fun non the less.  I LOVED the minions.

So cute!
Anyway, we did have a fun day. 
And yesterday, Bella was ready to face a new year of school as a first grader.  She had her school supplies ready, her backpack packed, her lunch was made and neatly packed in her lunchbox, her clothes were laid out, she was set.  She was all smiles going and all smiles when she got home-a good sign I'd think. 
Here she is-our big first grader!


Today, she couldn't wait to get up and go again!  It's great when they are still young.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that movie!!!! I walk around my house yelling "IT'S SO FLUFFY!" at the top of my lungs on a regular basis now. HA! Those are fabulous teacher gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those crafty gifts are awesome.

    ReplyDelete