Friday, September 4, 2009

Work, it's not play!

I've been busy both at home and at work. Work especially. We are winning more contracts, which is a good thing, and work is getting busy again. I like to be busy, as I may have mentioned before. Remember that I wrote about moving into a cube? Well I have an update on that. I will not be moving to the third floor cube after all. I will be moving out of my office and to the front office of the executive suite. As I mentioned before, I currently work on the second floor but there is a door that seperates the regular executives from the 'top shelf' executives. Really. Anyway, I am moving to the front office of executive row. Why? Well, I can't really figure that out, but the President has said that he wants me there, so I move. Looks like next week as some point. I'll have more room and my job will change some as I won't have as much flexibility as I currently do-both with my hours and my moving about the building. My boss has also informed me that they are working on having my grade changed to allow for more promotions. So, that's a good thing.
The negatives about this move. Well, I'll be working more closely (as in proximity) to a co-worker who can be difficult, to say the least. This person has been with the company for a long time and knows how she wants things done. She is known for having a short temper and being very persnickity. Many people here don't know her despite the fact that she has been here for so long because she seldon ventures off the second floor. The powers that be think that I may be able to calm her down a bit and keep her temper at bay. Me. Do they even know me? They think of me as someone who will put up with a lot and do it with a smile and without complaint. Can't imagine why? Ask my family, they'll tell you! I am sure that they might have a different story to tell. Ha! I guess that I do have a somewhat different persona at work. Most of the time I just do-whatever is asked of me. Which is not to say that I don't stand up for myself, I do. It is more likely that in this day, in this economy, I am happy to have a job. Especially one that I like. I work with people that I like and enjoy and that is a big positive. I am paid pretty well and with this move, I will push for a raise to go along with the added responsibility. My performance review will come in November and I have been told that it will be favorable and will include a raise. I'll let you know how that goes. So, for what it's worth I'll be staying here a while.
And right now the best part is a three day weekend on the horizon! I can't wait! I have big plans which may or may not pan out, but so what! My plans include re-painting my bedroom and the mandatory weekend naps. I'd also like to get some crafting done, but I won't push too much. I would love to be able to finish the painting over the next three days. Of course, once I get the bedroom done the bathroom will look lousy and I'll have to start on that next. You know how one thing leads to another. But for the time being, I'll be happy to have my room done. I have been meaning to get to it for over a year. The time has come.
So look for me to take a blog break for the next few days. I'll get back to you with the results of my painting experience. Maybe even include a picture or two if it comes out well!
Have a happy Labor Day and I hope you all have off too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment