Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday, again!

Another week has come and gone!  I can't believe that the weekend has already passed, seems like it should just be starting.  Needless to say, I've been  busy again.  Or still.  Oh how I crave a weekend with nothing to do, but that doesn't seem to be in my future.  Ha!  I guess that is a good thing. 
Anyway, we traveled up to New Jersey for the weekend for the Anniversary and Vow Renewal Ceremony of my Dad and his wife Marlena.  They have been married for five years and have decided to make the most of each and every moment together.  I think that it is a wonderful philosophy and one that we could all take a lesson from!  They had about 60 friends and family there to celebrate with them.  It was a beautiful day!  They had a tent set up in the backyard with tables underneath and we spent the day outside, the kids had lots of room to play and the adults had room to socialize, it worked out very nicely.  Jim and Timmy stayed for the day, while Michelle, Bella and I spent the night and shared breakfast with everyone the next morning before we headed out for home.  Here is a picture of the happy couple:

On our way home, Michelle and I stopped at the outlet center in Gettysburgh and did a little shopping.  I picked up an absolutely adorable outfit at Gymboree for Bella's birthday for her.  I know she will love it!  So that was fun, too. 
Bella was so tired when we got home.  She kept asking in the car if it was her bedtime yet, so we knew that she would crash early.  She played hard with her cousins Carly and Michael, met new cousins Katie and Cameron and played with them and was up later than usual.  After dinner and story time she headed off to bed and I went downstairs with Michelle.  While we watched Celebrity Apprentice I worked on the banner for the birthday party and Michelle worked on creating an printing out a Bingo game with Candy.  Here's the banner that I made:
The picture doesn't really do it justice, but it came out really cute.  The colors are very bright and cheery.  While we were driving home Bella tried to gently remind me that her party was now only 2 weeks away and there was still so much left to do.  She was afraid that she was going to make me feel badly, but I was already aware of the clock ticking and how much was left to do!  I'm not worried about it though, whatever doesn't get done, doesn't get done.  It's that simple. 
Jim is working again tonight and it will be just us girls on our own again, so I'm sure I'll be downstairs working again.  The problem is that each time I get closer to finishing up I think of something else to make!  I have to stop that! 
So, I'll keep you posted on my progress. 
For now, here are some pictures from the weekend:
Bella and Katie
Michelle and Tim

Michael and Tim
Bella and Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment