Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Roundup

The weekends are just never long enough.  That being said, I had a good weekend.  It started early on Friday when I left work early.  I've been saying that work has been kicking my butt, well by Friday I had had enough and after getting in and being hit in the face (figuratively speaking) by it again, I called my boss and told her that I was leaving for the day.  She agreed to let me leave, so I took off and started my weekend with a little retail therapy.  I had heard about a scrapbook/stamp store that is about 40 minutes away from me, and decided to go for a visit.  It was worth the trip!  Lots of variety in stamps and scrapping material, nice people, classes, and it was a good distraction.   Spent some time with Bella, took a little nap together, then when Jim got home from work he and I went to pay our respects at the wake of our friends' father.  On Saturday, Michelle, Bella and I hit some yard sales before dance class, but we didn't find anything worth buying.  We then spent the afternoon working on moving some of my stuff down into the basement.  That is when it hit me just how much crafting stuff I truly have!!  Currently, there are piles and piles of stuff on the floor of basement just waiting for me to find a home for it.  My desk is still sitting in the garage and I don't have a big closet like I did in the mud room, so I think that eventually I will need to get another bookcase for storage.  In the meantime, I'm not sure what I am going to do!  The other issue is everything from my old room is pink and or green and that doesn't go in the new rooom which is gold and olive.  I couldn't really paint the room pink or lime green as it wouldn't match the couch, but I think I will have to slowly change some of my accent colors over to match the new color scheme. 
Sunday, I am sorry to say we did not make it to church.  Again.  Jim wanted to take Michelle and I to breakfast for Mother's Day and so we went to Cracker Barrel and enjoyed a nice relaxing breakfast.  After we got home we opened gifts and relaxed around the house for a while before heading out to see the Frederick Keys baseball game. It was a good day for a game, when the wind wasn't blowing it was actually quite beautiful out and warm.  The Keys won 8-2 and it was just really pleasant.  Bella hadn't been and she had a ball, though I think she was more interested in the various food and games than in the baseball!


The only dull spot in an otherwise bright weekend came when my son called to wish me a Happy Mother's Day and told me that he would not be able to make it home as scheduled on Monday.  :(  I miss him as I don't get to see him too often, but I understand that he is working and the stress that he is under. 

1 comment:

  1. You are such a busy lady. I can't wait to see your scrap area.

    ReplyDelete