Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Say Hello!

To a pretty bad blogger!  I know I have been really bad, but finding the time lately has been really tough.  So much going on in so many areas that it's all I can do to stay on top of things.  When I get home from work in the evening I want to collapse, but I can't as I have a lot to do at home as well-little things like laundry and cleaning, sometimes dinner and other such nonsense.  Never mind the extras!  So, I've been a little tense, a little stressed, and Jim and I had a weekend away scheduled which we were looking forward to and thought would be good for me, relaxing.  Stress free time with our friends in Williamsburg.  Right?  R-i-g-h-t!
So, we both took off on Friday and hop in the car after we took Bella to school to get an early start on the trip.  I made the mistake of looking at my Blackberry and saw that I had several emails and happened to open one up only to see that a co-worker was accusing me of some pretty unflattering things, in a pretty nasty way, knowing that I wouldn't be there to defend myself.  Well, that got my blood pressure right up!  After discussing it with Jim, I decided to reply to all who were copied on the email and give a short but concise defense and hope that our supervisors would take it from there.  That was not to be and emails were volleyed back and forth until another was written by the initial author with yet another baseless accusation against me and at that I turned off my Blackberry saying I'd had enough and I'd deal with it on Monday.  I took a deep breath, and calmed myself down and told Jim that I would not talk about it again for the time being I was going to put it out of my mind and resolve to try and de-stress.  With that my personal cell phone beeped signalling that I had a text message.  I looked at it to find that it was a message from my mother telling me that my Dad had had a heart attack and was in the hospital having undergone a procedure placing 2 stints in but was now resting.  Then my phone started ringing-my sisters calling.  So much for no stress! 

Dad, thank God, is doing well.  He was released from the hospital on Sunday and was on the golf course again by Friday.  His game needs some work to get it back to where it was, but that will come in time. 
We did wind up having a good weekend.  Went to the William and Mary football game and tailgated before the game.  That was a lot of fun! 

Don't know why Jim is sticking his tongue out?!
Our hosts!

On Sunday, Durinda and I went to the Stamp and Art show in Hampton, Va and left the guys behind.  We had a blast and picked up lots of goodies on our little trip!  Then we had to come back home and go back to work on Monday morning, yuck!
In wedding news, Michelle and Shawn seem to have settled on a date if not a venue.  March 10, 2012 seems to be the date.  They have narrowed the venue down to two places and have had both places pencil them in for the 10th, now we just have to decide on which place and secure it.  Saturday Michelle and I took our first foray into the world of wedding dress shopping.  That was an experience.  Let me just say this and get it out of the way, my daughter and I are very close and I love her dearly but we are not very much alike.  There, I said it.  I am more into makeup and hair, fashion and glamour.  (Believe it or not)  Michelle is more into comfort and ease.  She wears her hair long so she can wash it and go, no blow drying or styling, sometimes she'll pull it in a ponytail.  That's about it.  No make up - ever.  Well, maybe for a really special occassion-like her wedding.  I put makeup on to stay home.  I do my hair if I'm in the hospital.  So if I was having a wedding I'd get a big gown with tulle and lace, beads and a train the whole 9 yards.  Michelle wants a gown that looks like a slip.  But that's her and that's what she wants and that is what we will find her.  But, we'll find her one that will be the one for her.  So far, we haven't found it.  It's funny though, I remember shopping with my mother and she wanted me to try on all these different kinds of dresses and hats and things and I wanted the first dress I tried on.  She said you can't get the first dress you try on and made me try on all these other things, go to a bunch of other stores and we wound up going back to the first store and buying the first dress I tried on!  So there you go!

Sunday, I did a mini photo shoot with the kids and here are a few of the shots from that shoot.
So, that's about it for now.  Back to work.  Hopefullly Michelle and I will be able to carve out some time to go dress shopping again over the weekend, our window of opportunity is short.  She has no worries though.  Ha!  I do enough for the both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment