Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Much to be Thankful For!

Tuesday I came into work and when I arrived at my office this is what I came into:
My office door,

My desk,

Everywhere there were decorations!
You guessed it, I turned 50 this year. 
My birthday was officially on Thursday, Thanksgiving.  But since I would be off, they celebrated with me on Tuesday.  We went to lunch at Red Robin-Yum and after lunch we had some special birthday cupcakes.
There were several different types in that box and I samples just a few.  They were from Lily Magilly's, the name even sounds sweet doesn't it? 
I even got presents on top of it all-so it was a fun day!
Then I took the day off on Wednesday to prepare for Thanksgiving, and prepare I did.  I started fixing some of the side dishes first thing in the morning.  Stopped to get my hair cut, and for a doctor's appointment, but I was able to get a whole lot accomplished.  That removed a lot of the stress from Thursday and I was able to relax a little more and enjoy the day.  I still cooked and cleaned all day, but just not as much!
It was all worth it though.  Everyone had a nice time I think and we all enjoyed dinner and our time together. 
There is everyone jammed into the dining room. ( Everyone but me as I am taking the picture.) 
Of course Michelle and I would not miss our Black Friday shopping extravaganza!  This year Shawn joined us to see what all the fuss was about.  I think it's safe to say that he got his fair share.  We left the house at 11:00 on Thursday evening and returned home at 8:30 AM, we took it easy on him as it was his first year.  Also, Michelle has done a lot of her shopping before hand so she didn't have a whole lot to do.  The crowds were just wild at some of the stores and quite mild at other places.  I waited in line for over an hour at Kohl's, but I have to say that I think it was well worth the wait as the prices I got couldn't be beat!
When we got back to the house Michelle and Shawn said hi to Bella and then went home and went to bed.  Bella and Jim had plans for the day, they were headed downtown to usher in the holiday season with Frosty Friday and breakfast at Brewer's Alley and Frosty.  Since I was home, they asked me to go along so I did.  Then we went on a horse drawn carriage ride through town and visited a few of the local shops.
Afterwards we went home and I had time to crash for a couple of hours-just 2 but it was time enough to refresh and catch a shower.  After that it was time to get ready and head back downtown and get ready for the big guy's arrival.  That's right!  Santa Clause was coming to town!  We ushered him in with waves and cheers, lights and song!  It was quit a day all in all.  By the time we got home and had some dinner (leftovers of course) it was time to settle down and get ready for bed.  We were all tired and more than ready to say good night.  I don't remember a thing after my head hit the pillow-I was out like a light!
I wonder-am I getting too old for this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment