Saturday, March 3, 2012

1 Week To Go!

Just a week from today and Michelle and Shawn will be married.  This morning I ran up to Chambersburg and picked up her wedding dress and veil.  The altertions are complete aand they had pressed it and made it ready for the bride to step right ito it.  It is good  to go!  I hung it up in our spare room from the frame of the closet door and shut the bedroom door to keep the dogs out of that room and far away from the dress.

The truth be told though, I was feeling a bit overwhelmed today.  A lot still left for me to do, including the escot cards, the table numbers, getting everything ready to take to the venue and finishing up the "S" and "M" that I am making for the receptio hall.  In addition to that I will be having quite a bit of company here at the house over the weekend and I'd like to be able to welcome guests and have photos taken without being totally embarassed by the condition of my home!  I'd also like to be able to offer said guests something to eat and/or drink.  But I am pretty much the only one who seems to be feeling any of the stress.  Michelle is pretty much calm as a cucumber, as is Shawn.  Jim, well what's he got to worry about except the bill?  I stress over the details and that is my job I suppose.  Truth is, if anything goes wrong or some detail was overlooked,  no one blames the bride or groom, they say that the MOB should have taken care of that for them.  So, I guess it is up to me to worry.  So in reality, I'm just doing my job. 

Anyway, I am upstairs fighting with my die cut machine and loosing I might add, when Mr.(not so)Wonderful, truth be told right now I could kick his butt from here to the other side of the moon and not miss him, comes running upstairs saying something about water.  Not one to get easily alarmed or pay much attention to him, I didn't move.  Soon enough though he yells that he needs my help. So I go find him and he is in our bathroom and the toilet is running, all over the floor and has been for some time now.  As a matter of fact, it is running into the second floor bathroom and into the laundry room in the basement two floors below!!  Did I mention that I was kinda busy today?  Had one or two things on my mind?  Yeah, well I did and I didn't need to add sopping up an inch and a half of water in the bathrooms and cleaning all the towels and throw rugs in the house!  OMG! 

So the moral of the story?  I can't do anything about it.  The wedding will still be wonderful so I am not going to sweat the small stuff.  Right?  Right.  I am going to enjoy this time and not worry if the house isn't clean or if everything doesn't get done.  Just relax and enjoy it.  How am I going to accomplish this you may ask?

A handful of valium washed down with a big ole glass of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment