Thursday, March 1, 2012

Silence is Golden

Unless you are following my blog and looking for updates that is.  Suffice it to say, my life has been a bit on the hectic side lately.  I've been working lots of hours, getting part of our building ready finished and ready to be moved into, working towards our yearly security inspection which is a huge job because we have to re-vamp all of our files, and of course getting ready for the wedding. 
We are now down to W Minus 9, for anyone who is counting!  That's right, just nine days to go!  When this is all said and done and the month of March is over, I'll be about ready for a brief coma.  Nothing life threatening mind you, just enough to allow me to rest up for a while.  A rest where no one would expect me to answer my phone, or my blackberry or my email, or clean the house, or do laundry, or show up at work, or get dressed or move for that matter.  Ha!  I'm talking catheter here. I'm really not terribly high maintenance.  Some women need beautiful beaches and warm climates, room service and Tiki Bars.  Me, I don't require all that.  Don't get me wrong here, I wouldn't turn it down if someone offered it to me.  I'd just like someone to turn my lights out for a few days here.  Give me a legitimate excuse to take a break from some of my obligations for a short while.  Just a brief respite. 
In the meantime, I'll keep plugging along and getting it all done the best way that I know how.  One thing at a time.  I was in our Stafford office again this week.  Went  down yesterday and was lucky enough to get there before the rain started-arrived at abuot 7:30 AM.  Worked until after 5:00 then checked into the hotel, did a little shopping, got dinner, went back to my room searched the internet for shoes for Bella to wear to the wedding, worked on a report, watched Survivor and went to bed.  Went to the office at 6:30 this morning and left there about noon to go back to the Germantown office, was there until 4:30.   By the time I got home I had missed Jim & Bella as they had left for the Earth,Space & Science Center.  I took the opportunity to unpack, vaccum and then lie down for a brief nap.  When Jim came home we had dinner and after I cleaned up from that I sewed-that's right, I sewed Bella's dance bag.  Only for her do I pull out a needle and thread!  Her bag had ripped and Michelle told her to ask me if I could fix it.  Bella said she didn't think I knew how, so I had to prove a point-to a 7 year old.  This is what my life has been reduced to?!  Hsa!  It's been a long week already and tomorrow is shaping up to be another busy day at work.  I think I need some wine... or valium....heck, I'd even take a jellybean!
So that's about it for now.  My eyes are drooping and I'm in danger of forgetting my way to my bedroom.  Before I totally embarras myself, I'll say goodnight and I'll check in with you when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment