Monday, March 26, 2012

Creative Lettering

I had great plans for my Friday-Saturday.  And you know what they say about what happens when you make plans?  God laughs!  Well, he seemed to laugh in a big way for some reason.  It wasn't even as though my plans were to really do anyTHING.  Quite the opposite really, I had planned to do a lot of nothing.  But as luck would have it, I did not sleep at all on Friday.  I can't truthfully say that I didn't sleep a wink because I did fall asleep, but I started to talk in my sleep and soke myself up and couldn't fall back to sleep.  So, I spent the night watching Hallmark movies and before I knew it Mr. W. was getting up to go to work! 


Needless to say, my energy level was not up to par.  I didn't feel tired, but I just didn't have a lot of vim and vigor!  There was an Estate Sale that had been heavily advertised in my neighborhood that I had been planning on going to so I got dressed and headed out to check it out..  Unfortunately, I got there too early and it hadn't started yet, so turned around and went back home and headed into my craft room.  I had gotten some wooden letters for Aiden's bedroom and wanted to alter them to go with his room.  Right now his room has all white walls with Ravens bedding and curtains, so it was pretty obvious where I would go with my choice of decor.  I started with black and purple paint and some NFL Ravens paper and went from there.  Here are the results: 

(I have decided that the picture quality is so poor becaise of this computer!   They look better on my other computer-go figure.)

I just love being able to get back in my room and getting my hands dirty and being crafty again.  It feels good.  Little by little, I feel like I'm coming back.  I just wish that I could spend more time in there.

Later on I even made dinner,  For those of you who know me, you know that that is an accomplishment too.  Not that I don't know how to cook, I do.  I just don't particularly like to cook.  I don't mind cooking once in a while and I don't mind cooking if I know what I am going to cook and have the ingredients.  Mostly, it's the whole planning and shopping thing.  Anyway, I made pork chops with a dijon-apricot glaze, with roasted red potatoes and carrots.  It was a very nice dinner and I must say Mr. Wonderful was quite surprised.

That's all for now!  Hope you all have a great Monday!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment