Tuesday, December 8, 2009

What a weekend!

I am not sure that I can keep up with  this pace, but I am doing my best!  Friday immediately after work I went home and met Jim who drove me to Bella's dress rehearsal for her recital.  When she was done, we grabbed her got back in the car and headed for downtown Frederick to see the Kris Kringle parade.  We didn't get to see much of it, but we did see the tree lighting ceremony afterwards at the band shell.  We sang carols and saw the 'dignataries' of the parade-the Snow Queen, Kris Kringle, rudolph, Scrooge, Frosty, etc.  Bella loved it!


Saturday started with Dance Class.  After that, Michelle and Bella went to Home Depot for the first Saturday project.  This months' project was a little wagon, so cute!  While they did that, I ran to Bon Ton for a few gifts, went back and picked up the girls and then we hit Toys R Us for a birthday gift for Bella's friend and to finish our shopping for our Angel we had picked from the tree at church.  When we got home, I did a little more decorating and wrapping.  Oh, and did I mention that it had started snowing earlier in the morning?  It looked like we might have a significant snowfall as it continued to snow throughout the day.  By the end we had only about 2 inches, but it was enough for Bella to make her snow dog!  She has been waiting and waiting for enough snow to do this.  It only took 2 years! 
The picture was taken on Sunday as she had finished her masterpiece after dark on Saturday!  Anyway, once she had completed her snow play, it was time to get dressed and ready for the recital.  It was actually a benifit for the Children's Miracle Network with performances by our dance studio, a baton twirling troupe from Wheaton, and various 'crowned' Miss so and so's.  They had a silent auction and a raffle too.  Bella's group did a tap number to "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth", how apropos! 
It was so cute!  All the pajamas for the girls were donated by Wal Mart who also sponsored the event. 
Michelle was the high bidder on a Pillow Pet for Bella as well as a Vera Bradley Tote bag and makeup bag and I was the high bidder on a Vera Bradley purse and White House Ornament.  I also won the raffle!  It was a beautiful arrangement of fresh red roses and pine with fake branches that looked like they were coated in ice and other red sparly, twirly things.  It was beautiful, but HUGE.  When I brought it home Jim asked what hotel lobby I stole it from!  Too big for our home, so I donated it to our church on Sunday. So we were all winners! 
Sunday, Jim picked me up after church and we spent the afternoon in downtown Frederick doing the Christmas Candlelight of Homes Tour.  There were 8 houses on the tour this year and they were all within a 3 block radius.  We stopped and had lunch halfway through.  It was a wonderful afternoon, but between the cold and being tired, I was worn out.  We weren't even able to finish the last house tour because I began to feel sick and went home and spent the rest of the day and night and all day Monday nursing a wicked migraine!  Still feeling a little shaky and not quite myself, but much better.  Maybe I need to learn to slow down a bit!   

No comments:

Post a Comment