taken from (In)Courage.com
1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year? Jim was able to retire after 34 years of teaching.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened? That is a tough one because each day in different ways were are faced with challenges, but nothing really stands out in my mind. I guess that I have been faced many challenges with my job this year.
3. What was an unexpected joy this past year? I feel like I have grown in my Faith this year and it has brought me unexpected joy and peace.
4. What was an unexpected obstacle? Learning to conquer fear, though I have not fully conquered my fears I know that I am not in control and that has given me a new perspective on it.
5. Pick three words to describe 2009. .Busy, Blessed, Fortunate
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009. Busy, Hectic, Over
7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009. I have no idea here.
8. What were the best books you read this year? I go for easy reading, nothing too deep as I have difficulty concentrating. Actually I can only remember recent books-short term memory isn't so good either! Ha! 1.) I, Alex 2.)The 7th Victim 3.) The First Patient
9. With whom were your most valuable relationships? My husband, my God, my parents, my children, my family and Durinda
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year? Jim's retirement has been a HUGE change for our family and continues to be an adjustment for me!
11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally? My heart grew and expanded in my love for my husband and children. I became much more appreciative for the people in my life. I lessened my expectations for people, yet gained in my gratitude for them.
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually? I have learned to trust in God's plan for me more and give myself over to Him. I have come to know that I have so little control in so many ways and I accept that.
13. In what way(s) did you grow physically? Growth comes in different ways but I guess that it is safe to say that I have become more accepting of my limitations and continue to learn to work within those limitations.
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others? I have fallen more in love with my husband by learning to accept him as he is fully.
15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home? Creating a safe and loving environment for my family and friends.
16. What was your most challenging area of home management? The dogs! Talk about no control. Ha!
17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year? Hands down, the internet.
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year? By continuing to work on the relationships in my life.
19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year? You never know what tomorrow may bring so live life to its fullest each and every day.
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you. This year have been a year of renewal for me.