Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Hope that you all had a safe celebration!  We went to Miyako for an early dinner for Michelle's birthday.  It was so delicious!  Afterwards we went home for ice cream cake and a quiet evening at home.

  Friday was Jim's birthday and although he thought we'd stay home for dinner, Bella thought that wasn't very 'festive', so we wound up at Carraba's.  The rest of the weekend was spent primarily on taking down all the Christmas decorations and getting the house back in order.  I am always anxious to get the house decorated for Christmas, but once Christmas is over, I want the decorations down!  Jim however, is never ready to see the decorations go down.  We did manage to get most everything done, with the exception of the outside lights and wreaths.  It was far too cold and too windy to go outside or to open the windows to pull the wreaths in.

It has been bitter cold and WINDY!  We had wind gusts of 40 MPH.  At times it felt like the roof of our  house was going to be ripped right off.  Bella thought that there was a ghost in her room.  So, yesterday was a day to stay home and stay warm!  Bella spent a good part of the day like this:

Yes, Roxie gets right in bed with her and she tucks her in under the covers!  That is my bed by the way!
And, the big news of the weekend was t hat I actually got into my scraproom and was able to get a two-page layout done!  Here's the proof:




Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, but it is difficult to photograph .  Now lest you think that I am that caught up, I must confess that the pictures are from last Christmas! Ha!  But in my defense, I don't scrap chronologically.  I have layouts done from Easter and June of '09, but I just got around to Christmas '08.  Hopefully I'll be able to get back into a regular routine of scrapping and  card making now that the holidays are over. 
Hope everyone has a Blessed New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment