Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!

Yes, it is another snow day here in my neck of the woods!  It is amazing to me sometimes to wake up and look out the window to see everything covered in a blanket of white.  It looks so beautiful, but as we all know it can be so dangerous too.  Especially for drivers.  Luckily today our road crews were prepared and as I left for work at 6:30 the roads had been cleaned and clear.  Isabella is home with her Grandad today and was snuggling with a warm blanket and cartoons on the tele when I left.  What a life!  Each time that I look at her I am reminded of what a blessing she is to our lives and I am so grateful.  And I think about Michelle and the choice that she made in carrying Bella.  It was the  hard road no doubt, but we have all grown and been enormously blessed by this gift! 
Tomorrow I am going to the Holocaust Museum in Washington, D.C. with a group from church.  I have never been, believe it or not.   We have seen quite a lot in Washington as we live so close, but there are still things that I have not seen and this museum is one of them.  Jim and both of the kids have been and have been incredibly moved by it, but because they all went with school or Youth Group, I was not able to go with them.  I am really looking forward to the trip but I know too, that it will be difficult.  We will see a brief movie and then listen to the words of a survivor as he or she speaks to our group.  Say a prayer for me that I don't make a fool out of myself blubbering like an idiot!  Jim told me to bring lots of tissues.    I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes. 
Have a safe and happy weekend!  (And stay warm.)
P.S.  Bella did try out for her play on Wednesday.  Jim was able to go and watch, though he was not able to tape it like he thought he might.  The kids had to go on stage, introduce themselves and sing a song.  Jim said she spoke loud and clear and was able to project her voice with no problem.  (No surprise there!)  She choose to sing "You are My Sunshine" and he said that she did a great job!  I am certain too, that his opinion is not at all biased.  Ha!  Eighty children tried out, so they will have a full cast for "The Little Mermaid". 

No comments:

Post a Comment