Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feeling Blue

Have  you ever felt a little blue?  A little down?  Even though you know that you have nothing to feel down about?  I am  feeling a little bit that way now and I can't put my finger on it.  My blessings are abundant and I am surounded by them!  Family, friends, home, food enough to eat, a job, freedom to worship, and the list goes on, so why am I blue.  What is not right in my world?  What do I have to feel badly about?  When I ask myself those questions the answer is abundantly clear-nothing.  Yet, the feeling persists.  Don't get me wrong, I am not wringing my hands, moping about or in a depression, I am just a little down.  So much is happening in my life lately, and I have been so busy that I hardly have time to process it all.  Not life changing stuff really, just stuff.  And yesterday a man that I have worked closely with at work for the last year and a half retired.  Good for him-hooray!  Today, I feel as if my right arm is missing and I am sad without him.  Selfish?  Maybe, but I am sad none the less. 
Mother Nature had been giving us a taste of Spring and it has been glorious!  Only to snatch it away like an all too brief dream.  So the weather is changing again and my body is in revolt mode.  I am sore and tired constantly, the littlest movements can be difficult to make and I feel as though I have been put through Jillian's boot camp or something!  Ugh! 
So enough of my complaining...
Today our friends Andy and Durinda are driving up from Williamsburg to see Bella in her play tomorrow.  She is going to be a blue fish in her schools' production of The Littlest Mermaid.  Today is Durinda's birthday, so we will have a little celebration for her this evening.  We are all so excited to have them come up to see the show with us, especially Isabella!  The show is two nights Friday and Saturday, so we will all go on Friday and then on Saturday night Michelle has to help backstage and I am going to see it with our neighbor and friend Sabina.  She is also another of Isabella's 'special' friends, so we really appreciate everyone making time to see Bella and make her feel so special!  (They always do!)
I will be sure to take pictures and post them for everyone!  For now, I'll leave you with a card:

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you are feeling down. Maybe some time for just you, a nice hot candle light tub, bring in a book and just exhale. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete