Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Weekend Recap-the beginning

Too much to put into one post, so I'm going to break it down.  I went to Williamsburg for a weekend of cardmaking with my friend Durinda.  She and I had been trying to get together for a while and it was finally happening.  Jim was going to join me so that he could help occupy Andy and together they could stay out of our hair.  (So to speak!)  We wound up leaving o n Thursday night so that Durinda and I would have all day Friday and Saturday to work.  When we went up to go to bed on Thursday, I was surprised to find a pair of lounging pajamas on our bed wrapped in tissue and tied with a bow!  They were so soft and cuddly!  So Friday we spent the day cardmaking!  Durinda had sent me a beautiful invitation to the event and had indicated that there would be prizes for different types of techniques that I did and there were!  She  had decorated a prize jar and filled it with slips of paper that contained different 'prizes', I'll tell you about those later.  The weekend was filled with fun, laughter, friendship, inky fingers, chatter, paper, scissors, chaos, cards, and all kinds of fun, fun, fun!  Here is one card that I did.
It really is a blessing to have a friend like Durinda!  She is someone with whom I can be totally honest, rely upon, trust in and just have fun with.  She is always there for me, my biggest supporter and a great cheerleader!  Thanks D!  But I gotta tell ya', she worked my fingers to the bone.  Ha! Oh and did I mention, she cooks too! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty card. It sounds like you had a good time.
    She cooks too?! Could she be my friend as well?

    ReplyDelete