Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Back with the Weekend Roundup!

We had another  busy weekend, but it was a good one.  On Saturday morning, Michelle, Bella and I went down to Bella's dance studio to help out with their yard sale.  The proceeds were to go towards The Company of which Bella is a part.  We had donated a bunch of stuff to it and we had volunteered to work a two hour shift.  It wasn't too busy, so we will be anxious to hear what th final tally was.  The money will go towards entrance fees for the different competitions that the girls will be part of.  They will also do various fundraisers to help off set the cost of the costumes, but those are more directed fundraisers.  Meaning that if the company decides to do a fundraiser selling cookies for example, then each girl will sell them and whatever each girl raises individually will go toward their personnal costs.  Every little bit helps as the costume cost really add up!
Afterwards we went home and rested for a bit and then I headed to my craft room to work on some more wedding stuff.  I am just about finished and I'll hopefully have some pictures to show you all soon.  The wedding is a mere two weeks away and the tensions are beginning to run high!  Bella is so excited though, she can't wait to get all dressed up and walk down the aisle for her 'Aunt Brookie'. 
The Frederick Fair
After church on Sunday we all headed out for the Frederick Fair.  This is a big event in our small town, the kids even get a day off school each year for it.  It is an agricultural fair with lots of animals, farm goods, contests, shows, food and rides.  Bella was very excited to see the Birthing Tent.  We got there shortly after a pig had given birth to 7 piglets, they were so cute!  She was fascinated.  Then we saw a calf and Bella noticed that it still had the umbilical cord on it and said that it must have just been born because she could see where it had been attached to its Mommy.  She was able to pet the calf and it was so soft, she just loved it and wanted to take it home.  Ha!  There was also a baby sheep.
Pigs
Bella and Calf
Lamb
We also let her go on some of the rides and she again showed that fearless side.  No more kiddie rides for her!  She wanted nothing to do with them.  She rode a roller coaster, the Whip, the Scrambler, the Swing, she was non stop laughter!  She'd get off and say 'I wanna do it again!'  She had so much fun. 
We finished the day up with some ice cream for her and she was one happy little girl. 
She gets to go back on Thursday with school but only to see the animals, no rides this time. 
Our little country girl!
What fun!

I must say though, we got home after several hours and I lay down on the couch and before I knew it I was out!  That's right, just nodded right off to sleep.  I have realized something, I am not nearly as young as I used to be.  Ha! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. I LOve fairs. Cool that the kids got the day off school for this :)
    I guess I'm getting old as well as I don't think I could have gone on any of those rides Bella did.

    ReplyDelete