Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A LONG and Busy Couple of Days




We last left off that I might get grumpy, well I got more than grumpy! As the day progressed I got a headache that led to a full blown migraine. I went home and laid down and then began my prep at four o'clock. That was pleasant. Not! But honestly, the migraine was worse. Between that and the prep I hardly slept at all. By the time I got in for the procedure I couldn't wait to be knocked out! The good news is that when I woke up I felt pretty good. The headache was gone and I was re-hydrated. While I am still laying down on the bed after just being woken up in recovery, the dr. comes in to talk to me. He says that they found dyverticulosis, but that is normal in-are you ready- 'old women'. Jim had the good sense to glare at him and tell him that I am not an old lady. He quickly rephrased that to 'middle aged women'. I guess I have to take into account the fact that he wasn't looking at my face, rather my other end. And I would have to assume that you can't tell a person's age by the condition of their colon. I mean, it doesn't have rings that you can count like a tree trunk or anything right? But old woman-really?! Hmpf! The worst part is that he didn't find the source of the blood loss so I have to have another procedure. I am really beginning to hate this doctor!

Saturday, I kept it pretty low key for the most part. Then in the evening we took Isabella to see High School Musical 2 at the Weinberg Center. It was a production put on by a local dance company with kids ranging in age from 6-15. By the look of things, we were probably the only people there not related to or friends with one of the performers. It was not my idea of a great time, but Isabella loved it! It was fun just to watch her watch it! Sunday I worked on some cards and crafts, and then Monday we went to Hersheypark. We left the house about 7:30 a.m. and returned home at around 10:30 p.m. -we were beat! It was HOT as blazes. The sun just seemed to scorch my skin and I am red today. I was in no way ready to get up for work today, but I am glad that we went. The pictures above are from yesterday.
Oh, and Bella lost that other tooth on Sunday! She is now missing the two top and the two bottom teeth in the front!

No comments:

Post a Comment